We Pursue Compensation For The Long-Term Impact Of A Traumatic Brain Injury
Perhaps no part of the human body is more vital than the brain, and it is alarmingly fragile. An accident as simple as a slip-and-fall can do serious harm and result in a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which is defined as disruption to the the brain’s normal functions. TBI can range from concussions to life-changing brain damage that results in coma, a vegetative state, intellectual deficits or even death.
Personal Injury Lawyers Experienced With TBI Cases
The Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks has successfully represented clients in New York City and New York state who have suffered brain injuries. We work closely with the loved ones of TBI victims to pursue compensation. We are skilled at establishing the negligence that ultimate led to brain trauma, such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including pedestrians hit by cars
- Slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents
- Falls from heights, as in construction work
- Oxygen deprivation from a surgery gone wrong or near-drowning
- Firearms, including shootings and accidental discharge
Our firm’s extensive experience in TBI personal injury law enables us to understand that the long-term effects of TBI can be subtle and difficult to ascertain. The injuries an individual suffers as a result of a TBI can be acute and life-changing. Sometimes, though, the effects of what appears to be a minor injury can be perplexing to doctors treating patients. Even mild brain injury can have long-term effects on personality, memory and the ability to concentrate on everyday routine tasks. Doctors are only beginning to understand these changes and how to document them.
We Document The Profound Effects Of Brain Injuries
Our firm has been successful in properly presenting this complicated information in a way that convinces defense attorneys, insurance companies and juries that our clients’ injuries are real and were in fact caused by the incident. By selecting appropriate expert witnesses and working with treating doctors, we are able to objectively document the injury to obtain the best possible result in your case.
We are aware that after experiencing such trauma, you or a loved one faces certain immediate goals, such as making sure medical bills are paid and covered, taking care of financial needs in the face of lost earnings, and working with insurance companies to cover medical treatment. Our services extend to aiding you with these crucial matters.
Because of our experience with these types of injuries, we understand the changes in your life and routines. We will handle your case with compassion and strive to prevent the litigation process from creating more stress for you.
- $3.5 million settlement for a 31-year-old woman who suffered brain damage due to a failure to monitor her vital signs properly while being mechanically ventilated for Guillain Barre Syndrome – United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- $2.2 million structured settlement in the Bronx for a child who suffered brain damage after he was born due to failure to properly monitor his breathing
- $215,000 for a terminally ill client who fell down an unmarked staircase, striking her head
- $137,500 (all available insurance plus $37,500 personally from defendants) for a head-on collision resulting in a traumatic brain injury
- $287,500 for a client who fell 12 feet off an unfinished porch striking his head, resulting in a traumatic brain injury
Get Experienced Legal Support Today For Your TBI Case
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, you’ll need qualified legal support to help you obtain the compensation to which you might be entitled. For a free consultation with no obligation to discuss your situation and legal options, contact the Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks online or call us at 646-835-2075.