We Hold Providers Accountable For Injury Or Death From Medical Negligence
Recent comprehensive studies estimate that hundreds of thousands of people are injured and die each year due to mistakes made by doctors and hospital staff. Medical errors are now the third leading cause of death in the U.S. after heart disease and cancer. Unfortunately, this 2016 statistic does not include deaths occurring outside of hospitals – in outpatient clinics, nursing homes and other settings where health care workers might be caring for those in need.
When the outcome of surgical procedures or other treatments does not have the expected result or if unexplained complications from an illness arise, patients will often wonder why. Doctors and hospitals must practice competently, and according to generally accepted standards. How is a patient or their family to know if those standards have been followed? The aftermath of the injuries from medical malpractice can be devastating.
Proven Results In Medical Malpractice Litigation
Allow the Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks to put our more than 35 years of medical malpractice experience to work for you. In a free initial consultation, we will meet with you to discuss your individual situation and, if warranted, ask your permission to obtain the necessary medical records for review by us as well as by highly qualified medical experts. This analysis can help you better understand what took place, even if we determine a basis for a case does not exist.
If we find reasons to assert medical malpractice has occurred, let us stand between you and the doctors, the hospitals, their insurance companies and their legions of defense attorneys. We will work with medical experts at all stages of the case and prepare your claim to present the strongest possible evidence.
Our firm has successfully handled a variety of medical malpractice claims in courts throughout New York state and the greater New York metropolitan area, including those arising from:
- Surgical errors and anesthesia errors
- Misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Errors by nursing home staff
- Failure to diagnose and treat strokes
- Failure to treat fractures properly
- Failure to render proper treatment
- Errors in prescribing or administering medication
- Injuries to newborns from negligence in prenatal care or delivery
- Improper advice by a doctor leading to harm
- Errors by nurses, technicians or hospital staff
- Errors by nursing staff
- Failure to order tests or follow up on test results
- Failure to obtain the informed consent of a patient
- Falls in hospitals or nursing homes
- Bedsores and skin ulcers from patient neglect
- Other medical errors
- $1.05 million settlement in Brooklyn for failure to diagnose esophageal cancer in the wrongful death of 50-year-old man
- $1.45 million settlement in New York City during trial for a claim of an improperly performed Roux-en-Y bariatric surgery procedure
- $17,500 verdict in New York City for lack of informed consent involving a mini-abdominoplasty that caused an unsightly scar, requiring surgical revision
- $3.6 million settlement in Brooklyn for a patient rendered paraplegic due to a claim of an improperly performed surgical procedure
- $550,000 for improperly treated infection of breast reconstruction following mastectomy
- $800,000 for delayed surgery to relieve a blocked bile duct in liver transplant patient
- $850,000 for delayed diagnosis of intestinal perforation following cancer surgery
- $300,000 for the death of a 104-year-old woman following surgery to repair a hip fracture
- $600,000 for infection following Lap-Band surgery
Contact Us About Your Possible Medical Malpractice Claim
Medical malpractice can have long-lasting implications for your health and finances. Hold negligent medical practitioners accountable with the help of the Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks. Contact us online or call 646-835-2075 to schedule a free consultation with no obligation.