A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Recognizes The Family’s Loss
Losing a loved one is always painful, and it hurts even more when that person’s death is caused by someone else’s negligence. No one can undo the fatal incident that led to a wrongful death, but it is also possible to hold the responsible parties accountable for a preventable death. Regardless of the cause of the wrongful death you are facing the Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks is here to help.
We have brought successful wrongful death actions for fatalities resulting from car accidents, from defective products, from poor construction site hazards, and from medical malpractice such as misdiagnosis of acute or terminal conditions. Our skill is two-fold: establishing the causal relationship and making a case for comprehensive monetary damages on behalf of the family.
Damages In A Wrongful Death Case
Technically speaking, the main purpose of filing a wrongful death claim is to recover financial losses. This can include the monetary damage that occurs when family members are no longer receiving the financial support of the person who has died. A death can also trigger a number of other expenses and noneconomic damages, including:
- Projected future earnings of the deceased
- Medical expenses in the immediate aftermath of an accident
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of insurance benefits, retirement benefits and other benefits
- Disruption of the decedent’s estate planning that can affect inheritance
- Pain and suffering experienced before the decedent’s death
- Loss of companionship for spouses and romantic partners
- Loss of parental guidance, care and protection for children who have lost a parent
Punitive damages may apply in some cases, to punish the negligent party and provide a financial incentive to avoid similar negligence in the future.
The Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks has more than 35 years of experience maximizing the settlements and damages awarded to help survivors recover from an unexpected loss. We meticulously investigate every claim, and we consult with experts in relevant fields, including forensic pathologists, accountants and economists. Our goal is to provide you with the full measure of damages allowed under the law.
Recent Results In Wrongful Death Litigation
- $1.05 million settlement in Brooklyn for failure to diagnose esophageal cancer in the wrongful death of a 50-year-old man
- $850,000 for delayed diagnosis of intestinal perforation following cancer surgery
- $800,000 for delayed surgery to relieve a blocked bile duct in a liver transplant patient
- $300,000 for the death of a 104-year-old woman following surgery to repair a hip fracture
You Don’t Have To Face A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Alone
Nothing can bring back your loved one, but it is possible to find some justice by holding the responsible parties accountable with a lawyer’s help. To learn more about how we can help, contact the Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks online or call us at 646-835-2075 to schedule a free consultation with no obligation.