Articles & FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Health and safety FAQ
- Landlord liability for tenant injuries FAQ
- Landlord liability insurance FAQ: How insurance can help protect a rental property business.
- Traffic accidents FAQ
- Workers’ compensation FAQ
- Dealing with unsafe conditions: Steps to take if you think conditions at your workplace pose a hazard to your health or safety.
- How dog owners can avoid being bitten by a lawsuit: If you’ve got a dog, take some simple steps to prevent injuries — and legal headaches.
- Make notes about your accident and injuries: Writing down the details is far easier — and more accurate — than relying on your memory.
- New York Medicaid liens: Recovery of medical benefits provided through certain plans.
- Notify people who may be responsible for your injuries: If you intend to file a claim for your injuries, it’s important to notify potential defendants after the accident.
- Preserve evidence of fault and damages: Act quickly to protect evidence and find witnesses who can help you prove your case to an insurance company.
- Proving fault for defective product injuries: If you’ve been injured by a dangerous consumer product, it’s usually not hard to recover compensation for your injuries.
- Proving fault in slip/trip-and-fall accidents: These guidelines will help you determine who is responsible if you slip or trip and fall on someone else’s property.