Premises Liability And Slip And Fall Accidents
How many times has someone you know fallen and assumed it was because they were clumsy or careless, or that it was just an accident? Have you or someone you know been robbed or assaulted at an apartment complex or store?
The property owner is under an obligation to keep the property reasonably safe. Landlords must provide certain security, such as door locks and intercoms and window guards, and must keep their property in good repair. Health codes require sanitary conditions and the removal of lead paint under certain circumstances. New York’s laws exist to protect you.
The Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks welcomes the opportunity to consult with you to determine if a lawsuit should be filed to recover your medical bills and costs, lost wages or any permanent physical disability, pain and suffering, disfigurement and emotional distress you may have sustained due to:
- Injuries sustained from a slip- or trip-and-fall accident
- Injuries caused by a dangerous condition at a business location
- Injuries caused by unlit or dangerous sidewalks and stairways
- Being the victim of a crime because of broken locks or other safety issues
Has your apartment been flooded from rain or poor maintenance and now has mold covering the walls and ceilings? You need not suffer poor health or damage to your belongings. Landlords must provide a sanitary habitable place for you to live, remedy the condition and, under certain circumstances, pay your expenses while they do so.
The Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks has the proven experience to assess your situation. We work with security consultants, professional engineers and investigators to help determine the cause of the accident or condition, protect your rights and prevent the same thing from happening to someone else.
- $1.4 million for a fractured bone in the injured person’s foot, resulting in complex regional pain syndrome (RSD)
- $480,000 for a fractured hip/hip replacement when our client tripped on a raised portion of a sidewalk
- $300,000 for a fractured nose, concussion and scar when our client walked into an unmarked plate glass door
- $287,500 for a client who fell 12 feet off an unfinished porch striking his head, resulting in traumatic brain injury
- $85,000 for knee arthroscopy when a client slipped on a slippery exterior stairway
- $63,000 net verdict for a fractured wrist (closed reduction) due to a fall on a broken pavement in Brooklyn
Get Legal Support For Your Personal Injury Case
If you or someone you know has been injured due to the negligence of a property owner, we would like to hear from you. Contact the Law Office of Bradley A. Sacks or call 646-835-2075 to schedule a free consultation with no obligation, at which we can discuss your situation and your legal options.